Friday, January 29, 2010

Matt Stevenson Ipod Check v.2


Among the many bands and artists Matt Stevenson enjoys, Miley Cyrus happens to be one of them. If you know anything about Matt, you might think that he likes her for reasons other than her singing...However, this is not the case. Matt happens to be an avid viewer of Hannah Montana, and has seen the Hannah Montana movie over 20 times. Whenever she visits Matt's native town of Kapuskasing, Canada for a concert, you can be sure to find Matt screaming with the rest of the 12 year old girls in the front row. Don't get me wrong though, Matt listens to a lot of other singers besides Miley...Hilary Duff, Selena Gomez, and Lady Gaga, for example. None of which, funnily enough, appear in this Ipod check.


1. Courage (For Hugh MacLennan)- The Tragically Hip
Really good Canadian band. They actually have a song about a hockey player from the area I live in who played for my favorite team, so yeah, definitely like their music a lot.

2. Aluminum Union- Strike Anywhere
Why is it that a band Greg got me into always comes up? I really love punk and this band definitely pulls it off. Just love to shred on my skis (hello there is snow in Canada) listening to this shit.

3. Pour Down Your Sunshine- Bob Marley
To put it simple, I fucking love reggae. It's so chill and shit. My dad was a big Marley fan and so am I.

4. Father Time- Texas in July
Brian Boston mentioned this band on SR before so I checked it out. Turns out they are a wicked awesome metalcore band from PA. That's why he likes it I guess. But if you are into metalcore, check this band out, they will not disappoint.

5. South of Heaven- Slayer
So happy this came up because I have been listening to it a lot lately. The guitar just has such an evil sound. Plus it's Slayer. All you kids need to stop listening to just rap and get some metal on your Ipod.

6. Fifty-Mission Cap- The Tragically Hip
As if this song came up. This is the song that I mentioned earlier. To pretty much sum up what it's about, Bill Barilko was a hockey player for the Leafs. He played 5 years, winning 4 cups in the years he played. He scored in overtime of game 7 to win the cup. This was in 1951. He then went on a fishing trip with Dr. Henry Hudson. On the way back, the plane crashed. Anyways, the Leafs didn't win another cup until 1962. That same year, they found Barilko's body.

7. That'll Be The Day- Streetlight Manifesto
This band is my favorite third wave ska band. Not their best song (my personal favorite is Point/Counterpoint) but it is really good all the same.

8. Every Time I Look For You- Blink 182
My favorite band. I was so bummed when I didn't get tickets to see them this summer. I guarantee that everyone who has heard them likes at least one song.

9. Outlive the War- Jedi Mind Tricks
I knew we couldn't avoid the rap in this Ipod check. Jake (Spicy Mchaggis) mentioned them in the SR chat before so I checked them out. They are actually really good.

10. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band- The Beatles
Everyone loves The Beatles. If you say you don't, you are clearly lying. They are the most influential band to ever exist and are amazing. Seriously, download, I mean buy The Beatles Discography.

3 comments:

  1. This describes me perfectly.
    P.S.
    I am definetly gonna marry Miley Cyrus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that another scooter was into punk and ska that's badass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Streetlight is bad ass man

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!