Friday, January 29, 2010

After SD4 Follow up with MaddGear


One of the most memorable moments in the sport of scootering thus far, has easily been when the entire MaddGear Team made it all the way from Australia to California for the SD4 competition. This was a huge moment in our sport, and everyone who was at the SD4 Competition was able to be a part of that. The MaddGear Team proved at SD4 that they are a Team not just made up of some of the most dominant riders in Australia, but in the entire world. With two of their Team riders placing in the Pro Division of the competition. I recently was able to ask the entire MaddGear Team some questions about the trip, so let’s see what they had to say.


1. Who did you guys enjoy meeting or riding with the most?


Adam (Ladam) Bolton – CAPRON FUNK for sure and yes it’s in capitals for a reason, I love this guy…had to be my best American friend for sure.

Billie Rainbow – Haha no way can I list the people that I loved riding with, all of them are mega fun to ride with.

Coedie Donovan – Mine would have to be with Stan, Sanchez were the mains they don’t really go hard they just flow with steez…

Jaxon Andrawartha – Ummm not really sure if I had a fav, but I defz had a lot of people I wish i didn’t have to say good by to. Eg. Ryan :), Benj (love u), Capron, Hayden, Ladam, Coedie hahah, Bill Dogg, pickles :) (Craig the filmer) + everyone else. sorry if I didn’t mention u, ur still loved :D

Luke Picket – Well mostly the MGP riders I haven’t met, and all of the Americans

Nick Hodgskin – Everybody, not one person was an ass. But if I had to cut it down to a couple, I’d say Tyler, Chris, Nick. Benj, matt, Connor and Alex.

Ryan Williams – Everyone was amazing. But I reckon I had the most fun riding with BenJ, He is one of the most amazing riders I have ever met.


2. What was your favorite part of the whole trip to the US?


Adam (Ladam) Bolton – There was so many to choose from, some that cant be mentioned but sd4 would have to take the cake.

Billie Rainbow – I’d say a toss up between Aussie sesh an sd4, very hard to choose.

Coedie Donovan – Probley the real ride bbq because everyone was there riding and having a good time and I felt like it was home because you don’t see this many scooters riders that are good at skateparks much in Aussie land.

Jaxon Andrawartha – didn’t have a favourite again the whole trip was an amazing thing in itself. I enjoyed every part and Coedie and Ryan made it even more enjoy.

Luke Picket – The American parks.

Nick Hodgskin – 4th January bbq at da compound

3. Where was your favorite place to ride in California?


Adam (Ladam) Bolton – Big Chino skate park was my favourite, or Ocean Beach.

Billie Rainbow – Carlsbad skatepark for me, park and street together in a perfect mix

Coedie Donovan – didn’t really have a fav but if it comes down to it would probley have to be real ride…

Jaxon Andrawartha – SD4 (clairmont) I think it was the best coz it had a lil of everything. I also really like da compound.

Luke Picket – probably the sd4 park were the comp was at

Nick Hodgskin – I’d have to say either da compound or san clement

Ryan Williams – Da Compound and Chino

4. Why did this trip mean a lot to you?


Adam (Ladam) Bolton – Because it had a lot of new things to learn from, it was such an experience to ride with all of them.

Billie Rainbow – the opportunity to represent Australia doing what I love? How can it get any better than that!

Coedie Donovan – it was the first time outta Australia and was the best experience to meet the overseas riders, all the riders hitting up the different parks that we went to, chilling with the riders and having a good time and just to be in America was amazing…

Jaxon Andrawartha – because I not only got to meet the rest of this amazing team i also got to meet alot of our idols, people we look up to in riding. I think thats wat made it really special and the fact that Aussies clearly stand out against the yanks. also like to say thanks to mike, he gave all of us a chance and experience to see something new, we had the most fun I think we could of, we rode to the best we could, and laughed as much as we could of aswell. Thanks mike. hope ur not sick of us yet because i look forward to future trips :)

Luke Picket – because people don’t take scootering seriously and don’t think that you can go anywhere with it, and now we’ve proven to them that scootering is going far now.

Nick Hodgskin – the trip meant alot to me because I got to meet nearly everyone I always wanted to meet. Everyone in America is so rad and I can’t wait to come back.

Ryan Williams – Because I had the time of my life and I will never forget it or the people I met on it.

MaddGear as a company and a Team are clearly separating themselves away from a lot of other companies and Teams out there. There aren't that many companies that will fly their entire Team across the world for a competition. MaddGear has shown true dedication to the sport of scootering and to it's Team. I think a lot of companies can learn something not just from Mike Horne on how to run a company, but from the MaddGear Team on how to represent a company. I expect nothing but more huge things from MaddGear.



All Photos Taken by Ryan Corless

13 comments:

  1. woah man, crazy pics. madd gear team are easily the best scooter team there is, like in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luke picket never seems very enthusiastic in interviews lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. luke pickett your the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. luke pickett man your my idol

    ReplyDelete
  5. luke pickets the frigin best ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaxon Andrawartha is heaps cute! He's a litte hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This moves are fuckin crazy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ryan williams is madd

    ReplyDelete
  9. luke perry aka spooksJanuary 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM

    tru mgp rips on razor and i saw the pros at kiama skate park ask codie yerr i was wearing hes hat and all of the signed me hahaha from luke perry aka spooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love You Ryan Williams <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the best can i join i am good i live in polesworth come to me luis grantham

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!