Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Josh Toy Ipod Check

(Josh and his wife, April, at their wedding.)

Josh Toy. You all know the name, which has been synonymous with Razor for years. A seasoned veteran at the ripe old age of 24, Josh has traveled all over the world to ride for his sponsors. Living in Anaheim, CA means going to places like Japan, Wisconsin, and the East Coast takes a long time. One of the things that helps make the ride a little more tolerable for Josh, is music. Josh has his own custom 8 gig Ipod Shuffle...which I told him to turn to shuffle, and list the first 10 songs that came up. Here is Josh Toy's Ipod Check.

1. Alexisonfire - Emerald Street
I got turned onto Alexisonfire when I met up with Chris Daigle after he moved to San Diego, CA with his now ex-girlfriend. It was shortly before the Open Ground Comp in Reno. We ended up taking Chris to the Open Ground Comp, via my wifes hot momma mini van, haha. We blasted Alexisonfire the entire way there, and pretty much the entire way back. Good times.

2. Asher Roth - Lark On My Go-Kart
Him and Eminem have been two of the select few I heard on MTV and thought were actually talented. Asher Roth gets compared to Eminem because he is a white rapper and happens to kind of sound like Eminem back in the Slim Shady days. But he's definitely unique. One of my favorite hip hop artists now.

3. Circa Survive - Act Appalled
Circa Survive is super legit. I have been a fan for awhile. If you're into bands like Saosin or Chiodos, you will enjoy this band. You can also hear them in the BLT videos.


4. Lower Definition - To Satellite
I've been an avid fan of Lower Definition for about ten years now. They are signed to Ferret Music now, same label that bands like In Flames, Elysia, The Devil Wears Prada, and many others are signed to. They are a band from San Diego. My first show I saw them at, was actually my first ever show. I was excited as hell. I came mainly to see them, but they were also playing with Yesterdays Rising. After that show, I was really stoked on them. I also used some of their old music, pre Ferret signing, in KC Cornings RVM4 part.


5.He Is Legend - Don't Touch That Dial
Southern hard rock at it's best. One of those extremely underrated bands. I have seen them live a couple times and they are still considered one of the best bands I've ever seen. I remember the last show I went to, a guy in the crowd threw a bottle of water and it hit the lead singer in the head. They were in the middle of "The Seduction" and the entire band stopped. Stood on stage, not a word spoken, lead singer looking at the lead guitarist with a "okay, that just happened?!?!" look on his face. After a good 20-30 second of silence and fans booing the person. Everyone thought this was their way of saying fuck you, we're done. They randomly started back up off a hard note mid way through I Am Hollywood. Sickest fucking thing I have ever seen live, haha.


6. Outasight - Brand New Day
Really good underground white hip hop artist from New York. He just signed to Asylum/Warner Music. I've been a fan for a few years now. He looks nerdy as shit, would never think he was a hip hop artist. Then you hear him, and he's incredible. Found him on MySpace Music while browsing for good hip hop to possibly edit with.


7. The Devil Wears Prada - Assistant To The Regional Manager
Amazing band. And this just so happens to be my favorite song by them.


8. The Black Dahlia Murder - I'm Charming
Great metal band. Many nights of drinking with friends and listening to this band.


9. The Rise Of Science - Dark Eyes Dreaming
Fairly new band to me. They added me as a friend on MySpace and I have been listening to them ever since. Kind of reminds me of Circa Survive in a way, just not such whiny vocals.


10. Metallica - Dyers Eve
I've been listening to Metallica since I was about four, haha. My father has always been a metalhead at heart. We had long drives across the country for national races in BMX and Metallica was one of the most listened to bands on those trips. So I grew up on old Metallica. In my opinion, there have only been a handful of good songs from Metallica after The Black Album. Dyers Eve is one of my favorite songs from Metallica also.

2 comments:

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!