Friday, December 20, 2013

Rest in Peace: Daniel Warwick

I write this with tears in my eyes, and my vision blurred. My mind is a mess right now, but Daniel deserves this, he deserves this, and he deserved a lot more while he was alive. Yesterday, Daniel Warwick took his own life.

 Daniel was an OG, which is why a lot of you younger riders probably have no idea who he is, or how talented he was. Dan was responsible for single handedly taking the "barspin" to new levels, and he made it look effortless.

With his tiny bars, he pushed the boundaries time and time again with his barspin combos, throwing em into manuals, and with 180s to fakie like it was no big deal. He built a solid fan base, and people in turn started to see barspins differently. I'm not going to go into details about how Dan's life took a different turn, I'm here to celebrate Dan, despite how sad of a time this is for the OG riding community, and his friends and family. I wish more than anything that Dan was still here with us, but he is in a better place now. Free from pain, depression, and anything else that plagued him. I Love You Dan, I'm Sorry, and I'll Miss You. Rest In Peace Brother. See you someday.









10 comments:

  1. Spencer Steed and I were watching his videos just a couple months ago. I always look back to those, and remember what an influence he had on my riding and so many others'. RIP Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tribute to your friend sorry for your loss..

    Korey Kier

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember meeting Dan back at one of the xw comps. He was such a nice person and had a large impact on my riding. This is very sad to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Daniel, but I'm sad for him and those around him. I'm just glad the scootering community can come together to pay their respects to a great rider in a time like this. Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless...
    I am sorry for the pain you must be feeling Steven.

    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIP Dan <3. Forever live SI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shit, that is awful. Young male suicide is a huge problem that seems to go unnoticed, we in the UK lost a prominent snowboarder last year, and it raised the statistic that suicide is the number one killer of young men in the UK.

    This loss is dreadful, but all we can hope is that Daniel's death will spur someone suffering to seek help.

    Ride in peace dude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a shame everyone newer than about 2008 will never truly know what Danny did for scooters. Whenever you see bar bar bar's (which is a fairly common trick now), it's cause of Daniel. Whenever you see some ridiculous combo to manny, or some crazy gap to manny, it's cause of him. NO ONE was doing that stuff back then, and here came this 14 year old kid kicking everyone's ass. Even though he was a good four years younger than me, we became extremely close for a long period of time. He helped me through some of the most difficult days of my life, and I'll always remember his warm words and open heart. He was one of the most intelligent people I ever had the pleasure of knowing, and when he got fired up about something it was hard to deny how contagious his enthusiasm was. A great rider, and a better friend. RIP buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Daniel's older brother, Michael. I want to thank everyone for this awesome post and kind comments. Daniel was the most loving, caring, and intelligent guy. He was wise beyond his years. As he did in the scooter world, Daniel excelled at pretty much everything he did in life. The scooter was one of Daniel's largest passions in life. I loved watching the joy in him while he was riding. He loved and appreciated everybody he met in the scooter world. I want to let everyone know here that you all meant so much to him. Thanks for playing such an important role in his life. RIP little brother, we all love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's Keith Zadig here. I just wanted to say that Daniel Warwick was definitely one of my favorite riders to watch. His bar combos were insane and he really portrayed through his videos how much fun he was truly having riding scooters. It's very sad to hear news like this, but my prayers go out to him and his family. He definitely had an incredible influence on me when I used to ride scooters and I know that so many people can say the same. RIP Daniel.

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!