Friday, May 20, 2011

A Word from Ryan Nyquist



A couple months ago (while filming JIT) we were at Milwaukee 4 Seasons skatepark, and Ryan Nyquist as well as a couple other pro BMXers and filmers were there, filming an edit for Osiris.  When we first walked in the guy at the counter told us he was in there but I didn't believe him until going into the actual park and seeing Ryan up top where the rhythm section starts.  Ryan has been somewhat of a hero for me even since before I started riding scooters.  I remember back in the day, riding bikes all around town with the gang, pretending to be the next Nyquist riding in the X-Games...little did I know I'd end up a sponsored scooter rider.  Hah!

So I hope you don't mind if I seemed a little nervous, it was crazy meeting him.  He seemed to be nice enough to us which was pretty cool, decent little bit of exposure for the sport for sure.

6 comments:

  1. Ryan is such a nice dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeee you were star struck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha such a cool little video. Ryan is totally right, whatever you're riding: bikes, scooters, inline skates, skateboards; they are all the same really: wheels, tricks, filming, goals, and having fun riding with your mates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah dude, that was me... not Nyquist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Ryan Nyquist has been such a huge inspiration to me throughout the years, he has such a great attitude & i'm totally jealous you got to meet him haha rocking the beard too :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao Kenny I knew it!

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!