Thursday, April 28, 2011

JIT



I don't usually like to post my own videos but Steven wanted me to do a writeup and so I figured I might as well explain what exactly JIT is.  You may know that I and my friend Issac have been to Tommy Daddono's house in Chicago before (to film for Transit 2).  I had wanted to go back ever since we left but I had never found the time to do so.  Finally, last month Issac and I road-tripped it 4 hours over there to ride during my spring break.  Also staying with Tommy was Jeff Mroz, who again was on the Transit 2 Tour.  So that was pretty awesome, being able to have a little reunion with a few of the guys.

While at 4 Seasons Milwaukee we got to meet pro bmx rider Ryan Nyquist, which was cool.  Luke, the owner of Pitch Bike Park was nice enough to let us in after hours to film, thanks again for that Luke!  On Saturday we went downtown to ride street.  Even though we got kicked out of a lot of spots we still had fun.  Issac and Matt Rittler (Wisconsin rider who tagged along) killed themselves on this gnarly 10 stair with a rail.

The craziest thing though, was when we saw a van full of kids from my school (4 hours away) yelling my name and waving at me.  Apparently there was a choir trip to Chicago and they just happened to be driving along the same road where we were riding, pretty amazing for that to happen in a city the size of Chicago.

After the trip ended Issac and Tommy didn't have quite enough footage for full parts, so I filmed Issac in Davenport in Iowa and we got some clips of Tommy while in Ohio this past weekend.  We had a few difficulties with getting footage to work (transferring clips from mac to PC is a nightmare) but finally today I put everything together and uploaded the final video.  I had a lot of fun making it, and hope you guys all enjoy it.

4 comments:

  1. 3:00 was that a rotorwhip????!!! sooo legit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt Andrus - I cry to myself that i wasnt around for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its retarted that issac is not a pro

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!