Thursday, December 20, 2012

Throwback Thursday: 07 NY Brooklyn Banks Jam

This was an iconic event for a few reasons. It was one of the first times that riders gathered from all over the USA to meet at one spot and ride together. It also just happened to be at one of the most famous spots in the work, The Brooklyn Banks. Everyone threw down, and you get to see some riders riding that you can't see riding anymore.. OG riders like Ricky Wernicke, Chris Bartnicki, Frank Coler, and of course the late and great, Stevon Wilson. At about 3:40 you get a little shot of Zig Short was he was just a youngster..no clips in this one though. Definitely check this out.


Also don't forget to check out Josh Toy with his long black hair... something we will most definitely never see again. At least let's hope not.. haha.



11 comments:

  1. so many golden set ups in this video. ahhh the glory days. almost wanna throw on my old buffs again .

    ReplyDelete
  2. at 1:52 Ricky creeps it harddd hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah its like I told him on Facebook...at 1:52 Ricky realizes in order to get up there, he's gonna need some arm muscle.. haha

      Delete
  3. All the OG Riders, I wish Josh would still ride more and I really wish Steve was still alive RIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still ride. I just don't care to compete anymore.

      Delete
  4. i remember adding this vid to my youtube acount favorite and watching it everyday like four and a half years ago right when i started riding

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zig as a youngster? He's 22 now meaning he was 17 when this happened ;D

    Oh and Josh that Whip to Superman was GNAR! It's always been my favourite trick from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i still kinda look the same. when i was 17 tho i was still afraid of heights. lost my mind around 19.

      watching this video made me miss the banks so much :( those were the days. hope it comes back out of construction better than before.

      Delete
  6. Dam.. watching this made me miss the banks so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dam.. watching this made me miss the banks so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dam.. watching this made me miss the banks so much :(

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!