Tuesday, December 11, 2012

RIP Steve Wilson

Flair from May this year.

You might remember a couple weeks ago Steve was in a car wreck and suffered serious brain injuries...well last night/this morning he succumbed to those injuries.  Although he hasn't been involved with the sport recently as he was in the past, he will be sorely missed by a lot of riders.  He was in one of my favorite videos ever (also featuring Dan Barrett) and I know I'll never forget it.  I didn't know Steve personally (I think I only ever met him once) but from what I saw of him he seemed like a nice guy.  We got to see a little bit of his personality in the first Transit Scooter Tour DVD, as well as some really sick riding from him.  From being in that first Transit video, to throwing down in the sport's first ever street jam, Steve was truly a pioneer in our sport and will always be remembered.

The above links are all videos that feature Steve, check out the ones below for more:
TPCVJ8
Steve/Dan at TIC
Whip Scooters DVD
Whip Mix

10 comments:

  1. Really hurt by this.. He was such a good person.

    RIP Stevon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...Such sad news

    RIP Steve.

    Joe O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good words Jordan. Steve was one of my best friends growing up and we thrived off each others riding. I just exploded with tears. I can't believe this actually is happening. I love you Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. real sad to hear about this had to call up my buddy. original bamf is an amazing video. the weekend at dan barretts was one of the videos i watched nonstop way back when I first started. he was way ahead of the game we always talked about how we wish hed make a comeback. the truck driver down the banks stair set is still something we talk about, and that was five years ago. obviously a fun loving kid from what i could tell in the transit dvd, wish id had the opportunity to meet him. damn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. duuuuuuuuuude, I can't beleive stevon is dead. I used to make all his silly myspace layouts back 6 years ago.

    I could never get a word out of him in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. meeting him at XW a few times he had the most pure soul. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always remember he was such a nice guy on SR back in the day, so sad to see the loss of an OG icon.
    RIP Stevon

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!