Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Riding Zone Launches ***CHECK THIS***




Tons of new websites in the sport pop up every year, unfortunately most of them fade away in shorter time than it took to create them. Though we do have some websites in the sport right now that have exploded into sites that we find ourselves checking everyday. The Scooter Resource and Inside-Scooters being two of those. Well I think we are on the brink of a third website joining the small group. MyRidingZone.com. I recently caught up with the owner and mastermind of this website, Delos Fabien for an interview, and to announce their partnership with Inside-Scooters.com




Steven: Delos, it is good to talk to you man. I have to say first, for those who don't know Delos Fabien has been in this sport since the OG days. I'm
talking EARLY OG Days. How long have you been riding Delos?

Delos: Hi everyone, I have been riding since 2000. But I'm still just an amateur now, I do still ride though, just for fun.


Steven: Ahh, seems like you and I are the same in that aspect. Now onto what we're here to discuss. You recently released your website, “My Riding Zone”..Please let everyone know what this website is all about.

Delos: There is a lot of stuff inside, to make it short:
This is a community site for the scooter riders with custom profiles, such as: What is your deck, your bar, your tricks, your style, your start year, team/sponsors etc. ... only what we need to know!

Then there is the part of the events. Everyone can add an event, it will be in the list and in the google map with the location, date and description. We can also see how many riders will be there.
As it is a true list of all the contests / jam that will take place in the world.

Scooter Riders map is a google map you can find out where the riders are around the world. We can also do an advanced search by age, name, sex, start year and especially by proximity.
When there will be a lot of people, it will be a great way to get riders closer to home and talk.

Scooter eBay is a platform to sell occasion stuff, such as for scooter parts or scooters. It's like ebay with the auction or buy it now except that it's free and only for scooters!

And finally: polls. where you can do a poll and everybody votes and comments.
But the best is to let you discover it.



Steven: Wow.. I believe you just made the sports first super website. It is obvious that A LOT of time has gone into this. Can you try and give everyone an estimate on how much time you've spent creating this website?

Delos: I began the first week of February, so there is 3 months and near of 10hours per day. (just when I lose my job)
I can estimate between 700-800h of work.


Steven: Well I am sure that all that hard work is going to pay off soon. So what was it? What was it that made you realize that our sport needed a website like you have created?

Delos: Scootering and making websites are 2 passions. I made my first website for scooter riders (TrotiRider) in 2002.


To be honest I had this idea when I was near to sleep and when I lose my job.
I already have something for France, but I knew I could make better. I don't say our sport need it, but it cans help us
to communicate before and after riding and to have fun of course.


Steven: Ahh TrotiRider! I remember that website, that's the website I first saw clips of you. Now, as everyone now knows, your website, and Inside-Scooters have a partnership. What is it about Inside-Scooters that made you want to form a partnership between your website, and ours?

Delos: First time I would announce the site trough an ad. And you (Steven) were really interested about the concept and understood that I'm not here to sell something but just to help our community. So it was quick, and we are now partners. News blog and community site can go together.
I'm really happy to have Inside-Scooters as partner.


Steven: Well we're glad to have your site partnered with us also. What are your future plans with My Riding Zone, and where do you hope to see it in the future?

Delos: I just finished the site now, so first time I will take time for me lol, and after yes, I already have some good suggestions to evolute the site. But I will make all these things if I see there is a lot of members.

French people knows I'm a good administrator and that I always make good changes.
In the future I hope every scooter riders are on it, it could be really funny to see the world map and activities, we could know how many are boys and girls, the favourite brand in the world etc...


Steven: I think by now everyone knows that you definitely know what you're doing here. Well thank you for your time Delos, do you have any last words, or shout outs for everyone reading this interview?

Delos: So I hope you will like this site, if you are not really interested AT LEAST Register at this website. It could be a good way to know how many scooter riders there are in the world!





So what are you guys waiting for? Honestly, I think everyone should AT LEAST register on this new site. I know that I'll be on there as soon as this post goes up. I hope everyone else does the same, so we can turn this website into another one of the elite websites in our sport, where it definitely deserves to be. Click below to visit the website and REGISTER!

REGISTER HERE
REGISTER HERE
REGISTER HERE
REGISTER HERE

1 comment:

  1. Great concept, just could do with a better logo

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!