Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Truth about Eagle-Sport and Steven Tongson

So I'm sure by now, rumors have been spreading...Even though this only happened last night..


For those who aren't aware, for over a year I have been the Eagle-Sport US Team Manager, I also handled Team riders from other countries, and all sponsor requests as well as the District US Team and sponsored riders. I was also working as the DSA Sales and Marketing Manager.


Now as most people have already heard one way or another. I am no longer with Eagle-Sport or DSA. I'm not sure what some of the rumors going around are, and I have no interest in hearing them, or hearing peoples ridiculous comments about this. It was a personal decision, and not an easy one. But just know now, that all false comments posted on this post, will either be denied, or deleted. As I really don't think anyone can speak on the actual situation and what happened, unless they are Myself or the owner of Eagle-Sport.


I am choosing not to go into details about my parting from Eagle-Sport and DSA. All people need to know is that there is no hatred between myself and the owners of both companies. I made a personal decision to part ways with DSA, and shortly after that it was decided that I should also part ways with Eagle-Sport. The reason that this is a bitter pill for me to swallow, is because I have been so involved with Eagle-Sport for such a long time. My Team riders are guys that I considered like my family. They in turn appreciated me because I made sure they were taken care of. In the aftermath of my departure from Eagle-Sport, Team riders Tyler Wheeland and Josh Toy felt it was there time to step away also. Please let it be known, I would NEVER ask my Team riders to walk with me. The decisions they make and have made are their decisions. If those decisions were influenced by me not being a part of Eagle-Sport anymore, is beyond my control.

I want to take this time to say something to the owners of Eagle-Sport and DSA. Thank you guys, for all that you've done for me in the past and all the opportunities working for you guys have given me. I have learned so much from the both of you, and I am grateful for that. I wish you both nothing but the best with your companies and have the utmost confidence that you will both continue to be extremely successful in this sport that we all love.



So there you have it guys. Stop with rumors on facebook and forums. The truth is that it was a personal decision, there was no intense scandal behind this or bad feelings aimed at anyone. And for those saying or asking if "Steven_T is leaving the sport for good"...well, you'll just have to wait and see what I do next.

37 comments:

  1. oh fuck..... eagle just fucked up

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell must have froz over i never ythough id see this day

    sad day for eagle and dsa

    Hope you stay in this sport steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhahahahaha

    very funny. Let me gues we all just got punked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHATS STEVEN GONNA DO NEXT???!?!???!?!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL every company is going to be coming at you now Steven dont worry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol at the above comment..ok guessing that means fuck

    ReplyDelete
  7. STEVEN T HAS A SECRET PASSION FOR ROCK CLIMBING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend told me this.. I thought it was a joke

    ReplyDelete
  9. good on you man

    power to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. wait so twhe and toy both left eagle to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. bloody hell, if it was april fools i would belive this.
    im sure you did it for the right reasons steven.
    Talk shit get hit too all the haters.
    all the best mate,
    wazzeh <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'ts ok to leave eagle and dsa, but if you leave the sport! then it's no reason to scoot anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. please dont jump on the MGP boat...

    ReplyDelete
  14. well, you'll just have to wait and see what I do next...

    oh god, feels like i'm sitting in a movie theater watching really shitty previews...

    but in all honesty you know I love you bro. Will I always be here for you? Well, you'll just have to wait and see what I do next...

    hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your eff'in crazy steven, please dont go to madd. they got twangster.:}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha wow..that sucks that a lot of you thought it was a joke.

    Guys I don't have any definite plans to go to any particular company..lol. I'm just playing out my options right now, thats all. Thanks for the support though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This kind of caught me off guard...but I had a feeling Eagle was messing up lately from some of the stuff te riders was saying, doesnt shock me that steven would want to leave to

    ReplyDelete
  18. In case you all were wondering... He is going to nextsport!

    ReplyDelete
  19. as long as you know what you are doing. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. i heard that he was gonna start a tall asians support group

    ReplyDelete
  21. well this deffo sucks for Eaglesport

    ReplyDelete
  22. lol people gotta chill its StevenT...he WILL find work with another company. Just a matter of time to see what big moves he makes next

    ReplyDelete
  23. He's headed for Scooter Zone

    ReplyDelete
  24. Steven, I respect everything you do and you know it. When I heard you left I was shocked, but do what's best for you. I will continue to support you, Josh, and Tyler 100% with what ever you guys decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kenny Owens

    Scooter zone ftw.
    Good luck with wherever your headed now bro. Come to orange county sometime so we can chill nigga!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm curious if you are going to stay in riverside despite your break from Eagle...SAY STEVEN STAAAY! pretty please with a cherry on top?! I'll get you all the dirty, janky, shanty cowboy hats you could ever want! and maybe even some Vaseline to go along with it;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. you never really did say WHY you left. can u please?

    ReplyDelete
  28. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sounds like a plan(;

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two posts above me....
    3RD PARAGRAPH,FIRST SENTENCE
    "I am choosing not to go into details about my parting from Eagle-Sport and DSA."
    Read it and respect it

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you get a severence package? Like 2 wheels and a "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out" bumper sticker?

    ReplyDelete
  31. ya i left eagle too. just not what it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  32. And thanks Jamie for pointing that out up there.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty sore to see you leave man. You're the reason why I got onto Eagle. Thanks for everything man, hope life hold's only better things for the future.
    Peace x

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!