Sunday, August 8, 2010

An Inside-Look In The Zone


ScooterZone recently joined Inside-Scooters and we will be posting ALL updates regarding the ScooterZone Team, Parts, Events, and more.

I recently moved to Riverside,CA which is where the original ScooterZone is located...and I had a chance to stop by and get an inside look at how things go down at SZ. I also took plenty of pictures for you guys to check out.

The first thing I noticed when I walked into ScooterZone....it was packed. I did NOT expect this many people to be there. There were tons of kids with their parents, and all of them were spending quite a bit of money to get their hands on these custom made scooters made by the SZ staff.

Showing a fraction of the customers in SZ

Chris Gascoigne helping out one of the kids


It was pretty shocking to see first hand how much the sport is growing, seeing these young kids and their parents being interested in the sport, and investing into it just to ensure that their kid has a good scooter to ride was really cool to see. I even got behind the counter for a bit and helped out haha.

After that I headed to the back room, where the SZ staff really gets to work. It's back here where these guys have probably put together over 1,000 scooters. I mean from part to part...the efficiency they all have while doing this was amazing. They pay attention to every detail when putting a customers scooter together.
Shot of the main room from the back room

Nick Darger working in the back


As I was sitting in the back I remembered that SZ had their own ramp set up in the back. So I thought I'd go check it out. It turns out that they needed most of the ramps to be resurfaced, but that didn't stop a couple of younger dudes from seshing it up. The set up looks pretty legit, and I know some of the SZ staff can really tear it up back there.
Couple of kids out back getting a sesh in

Pyramid and Quarter

Chris Gascoigne taking a little break to ride - backscooter flip


Overall, my experience at Scooter Zone was great...these guys are complete professionals at what they do. If you are anywhere in the Southern California area, and are in need of any kind of maintenance, are looking for a new set up, or just want to ask the guys a question...get to Scooter Zone. You won't be dissapointed.




Also if you guys aren't near Riverside, CA...and are a bit closer to Orange County...Scooter Zone just opened up a brand new shop there! Check the flyer below for more details.

18 comments:

  1. Nick Darger

    Am i masturbating in that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I didnt know SZ was that legit

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I don't living in France, I would do my shopping in this store

    ReplyDelete
  4. im masturbating to that picture nick... thats whats going on

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish we had something like this in Australia looks so tight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go there so badly now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. i live in new jersey and im gunna take a trip all the way to cali just to go here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sz <333333
    Darger wearing the same shants as always


    - Devon Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick darger

    Hey I got black shants too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. soo happy to be working there <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. can you backflip!?!?!August 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM

    I was shocked when i went there my first time too, there were like 6 kids and a bunch of parents. The best part though is watching the SZ staff take one for the team for those little kids who don't know crap about what they want "i want those grips! daddy!" hahaha you guys are a bunch of troopers, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im so glad i live 4 hours away! If i lived any closer I would never have money! I would have a new part every week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. is there any more locations

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is the address for the store in riverside

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sure this post has touched all the internet users,
    its really really pleasant article on building up new weblog.


    Swimming Tips
    Feel free to surf my webpage Swimming Tips

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!