Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get to Know: Jake Show

Jake Show is not a name most people know in this sport.  Despite being in the sport since 2003 (although he took a 2 year break), seeing footage of him has been a rarity.  Recently, however, he’s had some clips in a few videos.  He was featured in the friends section of the 951 DVD, and was interviewed for the upcoming SD4 Experience DVD.  Jake describes his own riding as “unique”.  He combines skate and BMX style with slowly rotated whips, and flowy park riding with big airs.  Some music Jake likes to listen to would be Atmosphere, Big L, Biggie Smalls, and lots of East Coast rap, especially when riding.

I got to know Jake a little better by asking him a few questions. 

Jordan Jasa:  What is your age, birthplace, and current place of residence?

I am 19 years young and I turn 20 april 15th. I was born in Riverside Ca, and I reside in Nuevo Ca.

Where and whom do you like to ride with?

I love to ride and flow around Big Chino & Desert Hot Springs. Both parks have good size tranny, hips and lots of creative lines to choose from. I ride with my buddy Jesse who is sick on a scooter but for now he is cruising a bike.. 2 riders I love to ride with are, Stan Smirnoff & Monky.

Who are some riders you look up to?

Stan Smirnoff for sure, Coedie Donovan, Jason Beggs, and of course those crazy Aussie's.

What makes your riding stand out from the rest?

One thing that would separate me from al ot of riders would have to be the fact that I care more about style and consistency rather than tricks. Another thing would have to be my tailwhips. I try to throw them super slow and land as late as i can. Lastly, you will never see me throwing any briflips or scooter flips. =pppp

What are some places you'd like to ride, but haven't?

Woodward would have to be first. I just found out where the Pala full pipes are so I’m gonna be hitting those up soon. Chandler bike park seems killer. I really really want to fly to Washington for 2 weeks and just ride as many parks as I can and possibly meet up with some guys from TSI & RAD.. in my opinion it couldn't get much better than that.

What is your current setup?

TSI 1 peice deck
         Proto Tank Bars
            Proto SCS
     Cane creek S3 headset
     O.G Inward zero offset
             ODI grips
  New Proto Gripper wheel in back
  Stan Smirnoff Sig. Wheel in front

If you weren't riding scooters what do you think you would be doing today?

Hmmm, probably playing the drums a lot more and working more than I do now. But I like this sport way to much to just give it up, I’ve been having so much fun lately, I can't see myself quitting anytime soon.

 

What is something most people don't know about you?

Who I am. haha, I have been riding before RVM1 came out and never have released a single edit!
But that is all about to change, I'm going to be filming with Josh toy soon for my first ever edit and it's going to be called "Who is Jake Show".

Any last words?

First of all I would like to thank Inside for the interview. =]  And to TSI... I'm not stopping til i get sponsored =]]. I love your team and how you guys are revolutionizing the sport. I never want to ride another deck again, so I thank you as well. Lastly, I thank anyone who was interested enough to read about me and look at my pictures =]]] even if you were just bored ill take that too.

 

Keep checking IS to catch his video, I’m sure its gonna be rad.

14 comments:

  1. His part in the 951 DVD was so nice. Jake Show is a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has so much style, Favorite rider forsure.-devongarcia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Known him for a long ass time...such a awesome dude...and amazing rider..literally amazing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the video. Those pics ar eso beast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously you guys dont even understand jakes riding.
    its incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea another dude who's been riding a long ass time too

    ReplyDelete
  7. this guys got boosties.-rhondaseeds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that last invert. Almost coedie status.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ridding and hanging out with this guy at the park is awesome. Super Chill and involved. Never gets caught up in the silly bullshit and is %100 with and for Scooters.

    Awesome chill and flow style one of the most original riders out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dang! thank you all for officially welcoming me back into the sport =]]

    and if anyone ever wants to meet up at a park
    951)723-0054

    cant wait to have that edit upppPP

    ReplyDelete
  11. jakkkeee, pala pipes got taken out :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jake we are deff riding when i comt to socal.
    At big chino.
    Ill text you haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. =( dang, thanks for saving me a good drive greg

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!