Saturday, February 27, 2010

Who, What, Where, and Why with Graham Kimbell


Graham Kimbell...if you were an old school rider like myself and stumbled upon a Graham video you would think it was another old school rider by the name of Martin Kimbell...who is Grahams older brother. However, the more Graham rides, and the more footage he releases he is making it evident that he isn't just a clone of his older brother. I recently caught up with Graham and asked him the 4 W's.


Who
Who influences you the most in the way you ride?

Graham: Obviously Martin since he is who I rode with growing up, and is pretty much the template for my style, but in the last few years I've been influenced a lot by people like Brandon Kilbury and BMXers like Garrett Reynolds - they do techy combo tricks but always go big too, which is what I strive for :)

What
What has been the most frusterating trick for you to learn so far?

Graham:I would say learning 540's in quarter pipes or 360s over boxes was annoying, cause I ALWAYS took one foot off. Other than that I don't tend to set myself on learning one particular trick; I usually just mess around and try to think of lots of things to do, if I don't get one trick I'll just try a different one instead until I find something that works.

Where
Where is your favorite place to ride in street and park?

Graham:I'm a country boy and have pretty much never rode street, but I really want to sesh London with the Dogg team next time they go, or some plazas like Stoke. I don't really have a preference for parks - if they have nice ramps I love them, if not it just makes it more of a challenge to ride them, so it's all good.

Why
Why do you continue to ride scooters today?

Graham:Definitely the people I ride with - riding on your own is fine but what I really enjoy is a big session with a lot of people to meet, talk to, mess around with etc. I've also got to say that Dogg are a big reason I still ride, my scooter is always working because of them so I don't have to worry about maintenance, and since the shop/forum has opened the scene in the UK has exploded, this, as well as the events they take us to/host, mean riding with old friends and new people has become loooaaaads easier. The future looks really promising, loads more trips, tours, demos, and big ass team videos :D Much love Jon & Darren!!!





Thanks to Graham for taking the time to do this for Inside-Scooters, and keep checking Inside-Scooters for more 4 W's, and all the latest news and updates in the sport and the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!