Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Portugal Scooters

The scooter riding scenes of Europe have flourished in recent years. Countries such as France, Switzerland, England, and the Czech Republic are notable for their large numbers of riders. But one country that has not had such a large scene is Portugal. The small country which borders Spain has only a handful of riders. However, these riders seem to truly love riding. There is a group of riders, ages 13-16, who recently made a video. The video features Jaylson Graca, Tiago Ferreira, Bibixo, Joao Ribeiro, and Antonio Silva. I was able to ask a few questions to each of them.

HPIM2320

Name, Age, Location: Jaylson Graça (Jay;Crazy Black), 15, Portugal (Amadora).
Years Riding: 2.5 years
Favorite Tricks: Down side tailwhip with cross foot; finger whip; 540; 360; 180 Bri flip; Front bri;
Favorite Riders: JANDIV; Coedie Donovan; Terry Price; "Twan"; Matt Mckeen; Thomas Obadia; Legrand.
Why do you ride? I love scooter's and wat i do whit it... I love it a lot. (L) :D

TiagoF
Name, Age, Location: Tiago Ferreira (TiagoF), 16, Portugal (Benavente).
Years Riding: 1 year.
Favorite Tricks: Benihana, BarSpin, 360, One Foot Tabletop, Big Airs!! xD
Favorite Riders: Kevin Demay (LL), Adam Rouse (Ladam), BenJ.
Why do you ride? For stress relief, want to be better, and I am happy when a trick goes perfectly. I also love the adrenaline, and when it docks and up and everything's OK!

Bibixo
Name, Age, Location: Albimar (Bibixo), 15, Portugal (Amadora)
Years Riding:2,5 years
Favorite Tricks: Double Whip, Nothing, Finger Whip.
Favorite Riders: Terry Price, Coedie Denovan
Why do you ride? Because I love riding with my friends, and do good tricks!


Name, Age, Location: João Ribeiro (Ribeiro), 13, Portugal (Benavente)
Years Riding: 1 year.
Favorite Tricks: Big 360's, 180, One Foot.
Favorite Riders: Terry Price; Matt Mckeen; BenJ.
Why do you ride? Just want to be better..

_António

Name, Age, Location: António Silva ,I'm 15 years old, I live in Amadora (Portugal)
Years Riding: I just have probably just 2 years riding because I start at scooters , but next i go to bikes ,but I came back to the scooters because I enjoy mutch more riding scooters than anything else :).
Favorite Tricks: My favorite tricks are 360 briflip doublewhip, backflip combos ,flairs , big look back airs I realy love that , frontbriflip
Favorite Riders: My favorite riders are Coedie donovan , Matt Mckeen , terry price ,stan smirnoff and ryan willians.
Why do you ride? I ride because I realy love it , if I can't ride I get sick , I'm totaly addict , nothing is better than scooters for me right now. when I scoot I abstract my mind the problems, the adrenaline involves my body and it makes me feel very good inside. when riding a scooter can feel that I have total control in the tricks like play whit it, nothing to compare with riding a bmx or skate.

11 comments:

  1. I there...I´m Portuguese, and i know one of the riders... it's Tiago Ferreira... He rides so good, but we haven't got a good skate park...
    Good Job Portuguese Scooters!!!
    Sorry for my english..ahah ;)
    Cumprs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those video didn't show's our really work, we don't have good material and nothing, we wanna show to all people that Portugal had scooter too, and we evoluate every single day we just wanna disserv a good sponsor ou a good wheel our a good scooter like an Australian kid our an American kid our scooter's are very bad but our love for scooter make us better than ever. Jaylson Graça

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, thank you Inside Scooters Blog for helping us to disclose Scooter Portugal to the rest of the World! Nice work! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's good to see that the sport is growing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's good to see that the sport is growing...
    It's a shame that our local skate park it isn't very good and its aways full of stones that ruins our wheels...

    Anyway, Congratz Tiago :D

    -Romero

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.scooterportugal.do-forum.com

    Portuguese forum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I know one of them and, bro I'm happy that I see this sport growing up in Portugal and that he is getting better and better, I remember when we were going to a park to ride because we hadn't a skatepark. Now I'm out of the town and I wish good luck for all Scooters in Portugal.

    Ruan Martins

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahah thought i'd just point out
    at one part one of them in there favourite riders says Adam Rouse (Ladam)...
    adam rouse and adam bolton < Ladam
    are 2 different people hahah

    g mac

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! I think it was shit, meant Adam Bolton of the MGP Team Scooters. Sorry! =S

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are many sports why isn't scooter one of the top ones... so keep practising and maybe you skaters (scooters) will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know either of this scooter's, but i'm portuguese, and me and more two friends of mine we do it in Lisbon, but we are always scooting in illigal places because there isn't a skate park near us!And then there come the guards! We are 14 and 15 years old, and we like the 360, one foot, walkmen, whip, tailwhip, etc

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!