Sunday, April 5, 2009

SOA Razor Pro Scooter Peg Review

So, first off, the peg set includes what you see in the above picture, plus 2 washers which aren't in the picture. The pegs themselves are basically a solid tube welded to a threaded bolt that serves as an axle for your wheel. Putting them on your scooter was pretty easy. All you have to do is take out your original axles/bolts, and put the peg through like its the normal axle. Then you put on the washer and tighten up the nut. It was a little difficult to get it properly tight.


Front peg on the Inward Zero Offset fork. I had to find some spacers for the nut to clear the walls of the fork legs.

Back peg.

Riding the pegs were pretty fun. Toothpicks on my razor punk rail were a breeze. But, being used to doing 50-50s and icepicks on the dropouts, I didn't really find that they helped with those tricks. But if you haven't learned them without pegs, then I'm sure you could with them.

Even though I never use the back peg for grinds, I still kept it on. Its a nice sort of deck extension, to help keep your foot on if you're riding ski, which I do when just pushing. Speaking of pushing, I did have to get used to putting my foot out farther when kicking. Catching your shoe on a peg is not fun at all. But after awhile it became natural, and not a problem at all.

Grinding ledges was...Well, you have to make sure the ledge is waxed up, otherwise they won't slide at all. But when you do have a waxed ledge, smiths are pretty fun. The pegs seemed to kinda wear down fast though. I only used them a few days before the front peg started wearing down. Its like it has a flat spot. Grinding ledges also made the front peg loose. A bit of threadlock could easily solve that problem though.

One thing I didn't like about them was how skinny they are. It made my peg hang fives feel a bit awkward, but I got used to it.

Pros:
-Light
-Easy to put on
-Do their job

Cons:
-Get loose pretty easily
-Thin
-Wear down easily
-Back peg sticks out

Overall, I would give these pegs a 4 out of 5 stars. They're fun for flat stuff, smiths, and rail tricks. They have a few negatives that you can get used to, or easily fix. They are pretty decent pegs, and I would recommend them. You can buy them on the SOA website. An additional review can be viewed here.

- Jordan Jasa

9 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your blog.well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeet as i gotta get me some of thoose haha =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. do the work for the regular pro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a Madgear pro

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAN YOU FIT A PEG ON EACH SIDE OF A WHEEL ???????

    ReplyDelete
  6. pegs on a scooter just look gay to me but at the same time they do look fun.oh and yeah you can fit a peg on each side of a wheel. idk if u can do it with theese though.maybe u should go 2 SOA website an find out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. where can i buy these? i dont want to use old bearings, it looks gay.

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!