Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sky High Scooters

The Sky High Scooters store is one of many companies to start up recently. Some legit, some more legit than others, and some that just make you wanna cringe. While the store is still young, and doesn't have many products (yet), I believe that it will be a success. I know from personal experience that the owner, Tommy Daddono, aka Tdadd, is a good guy, and legit. He sold me an Eaglesport metalcore that is treating me very well. I think that he could make this shop a very good thing. Below is a small Q and A I did with him, check it out.

Intro and interview done by Jordan Jasa

Name:


Tommy Daddono

Location:

Libertyville, IL

Years Riding:

3 months

So when did you get the idea of starting an online shop?

When I first found out about SR, I thought it was rad. So like every other person, I started to wonder where to get after market parts. I found the SR store, which took almost a month to get things shipped out, and a bunch of other stores that were either in other countries, or didn't carry certain things that I would like to see sold. So after a few months of still seeing no other companies I was really satisfied with, other than Inward and C4 Scooters.. I decided to start my own. My goal is to carry products that other stores don't supply, and give people a chance to get them quickly.

Where did the name, "Sky High", come from?

I was sitting in my room for 15 minutes just thinking of cool names, and I thought about the BMX bars called Fit "Sky-highs". I thought it sounded cool and just went with it.

What products do you currently sell, and what are you planning to sell in the future?

As of Tuesday the 17th, I will only have Yak Metalcores. In the near future I will have Odi grips, and hopefully DK clamps. I'm also talking to Gino about becoming a distributer of French iD and Eagle. Other than that, I will just go by suggestions that people make and the demand for what ever products are out there.

Are there any plans to sponsor a team?

I honestly don't know. For right now, I don't make any of my own parts, so I wouldn't consider it. But who knows what will happen in the future.

Where do you see the store in one year?

My goal is to have a huge variaty of products that are important to the sport at the time. I want to see products from people that make a certain part, and want to get it out there, such as Alex steadman or Ian, to parts from the other side of the world that are difficult for people from the U.S to get. I would say my biggest goal will stay the same though, good customer support along with the fastest shipping possible.

Anything else you'd like to say?

Just to keep riding, keep progressing, and keep promoting our sport.


__________________________________________________

And finally, here is the link to Sky High Scooters, which can also be found to the right under links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!