Monday, February 23, 2009

About Californian Riding

The following was written by Tommy Napolitan, and posted on SR. I am reposting because I agree with him, and want people to read this.

Ok first off i dont want to start an argument i am just stating my opinion because its been bothering me for a while now.


From what i've seen upon finding SR is that almost every single kid from California rides EXACTLY THE SAME. There are seriously only 5 riders in my opinion that ride different and unique. Everyone else rides with the same "style" as another. I honestly cant stand to watch vids put out from there unless its from those 5 riders whos riding i like. Because i know i am just going to see the same stuff except maybe with an extra whip or bar into it. Or see the same skateparks that are in every other vid.

Also there is no street put out from Cali except from Addy and Ostrom. Everyone else tries to put out "street vids" but its generally just some little spot and the kid is wearing shorts and a helmet. I wish they would close all skateparks in Cali to scooters so people could go out and learn there ticks on kickers, flat, street instead of just saying "Well what park do you wanna ride today?" Also theres really no ballsy riders out there, maybe 2 or 3 but other then that no one is taking necessary risks to try to push the limit on tricks and such. Like i said before not throwing an extra whip or bar after your insane scooter flip at a skatepark. But rather people trying to do bigger rails, sets, and adding stuff to them. Like honestly what So Cal rider is throwing down dope street vids?

Idk the vast majority of the "California scooter scene" is all the same in my opinion. The sunny weather, wearing shorts, doing bri flips, wearing helmets everywhere, not being able to hit a legit rail, having atleast 37 concrete skatepark clips in a vid.

Once again just my opinion.

________________________________________________

My 2 cents- I honestly think nearly every Cali vid is the same. It gets rather boring, actually...the part that bothers me the most is that they live in Southern California, THE place for street riding. And they don't take advantage of that...I know if I lived there I would be riding street all day every day. I think that a lot of those guys take what they have for granted, and if they were put into a different environment, where there aren't any parks, or street, they wouldn't be riding much longer.

2 comments:

  1. This article does not mean that you should quit riding parks. The message is: be original, stand out! The objective is to find your own little box where you can develop your own style and your own way of using the parks & streets. Becoming original means that people will eventually start looking up to you and notice your riding more, seeing that you are really enjoying your own way of riding, no matter how awesome or stupid it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so no ones allowed to like park and not street?

    ReplyDelete

If you're going to bother to comment anonymously, think about what you're saying and what credibility you'll have without a name. Besides that, please keep the comments constructive, thanks!